I spend a lot of time working on Mozilla. I've been involved with
testing the new layout engine since late summer of 1998 and I moved
from mainly testing to working on code (and analyzing leaks and
performance problems) gradually in late 1999 and early 2000. I'm
currently the Style System module owner (I'm responsible, along with
peers, for the code that handles CSS stylesheets and computes style
data from CSS stylesheets and HTML attributes) and bugzilla component
owner (so I get all the incoming bugs for such things assigned to me
by default. I also work a good bit on the Layout code, mainly in the
parts dealing with the implementation of block (things like
P) and inline (things like
Beyond that, I'm one of the super-reviewers
(for the second level of code review) and one of the drivers
(responsible for release management decisions, such as when releases
happen and what gets checked in during the time leading up to the
These documents are now obsolete, and newer versions are on the mozilla.org site.
I wrote a little code before I had a CVS account, but I've written good bit more code through 2002 and more code from the start of 2003 until the mercurial switch in 2008, and then more changes and more changes in Mercurial. My patch queue is also publicly available. I've also checked in some changes to the mozilla.org website, and more changes from the start of 2003.
Also see my user repositories where I publish code (since we've switched to Mercurial).
These are manually updated, whenever I think of it (that is, whenever I run the script that updates them). I also manually maintain the list of bug numbers that the script uses.
On my local machine (Red Hat 8.0), I use a
.htmlviewrc file to change the
I set up a hack that allows someone using a
mailreader like mutt on a remote Unix mailreader to view HTML email
using a local Mozilla by encoding it as a data URL.
It uses a perl script to send the
data URL to a modified version
(with all the features of the original still there, although I'm not
sure whether that was a good idea) of the original reference X-Remote
client via a pipe rather than a command-line parameter (so it
doesn't show the contents of the whole file on the command line, and
perhaps for large files as well).
(The perl script requires Perl5 and the MIME::Base64.pm
perl module, which needs to be installed in
MIME/Base64.pm in some
directory in perl's include path.)
See talks page.
(Back to David Baron)
LDB, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2000-05-20, 2000-07-11